Osteopathy is a whole body, multi-system approach predominantly using manual 'hands-on' therapy on the musculo-skeletal system. It places emphasis on the structural and functional integrity of the body and through a broad range of techniques, encourages the bodys ability to heal itself. Osteopaths approach and assess the human body as a whole unit rather than separate parts, thus addressing all areas of the body and associated tissues that may be involved rather than just focusing solely on the area of pain, therefore helping to restore equilibrium.
- Back and Neck pain
- Headaches (Tension, Sinus, etc.) and Migraines
- Peripheral joint pain (Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Hip, Knee, Ankle, etc.)
- TMJ/Jaw Pain
- Muscle Tightness and Strains
- Tendonitis and Bursitis
- Work Related and Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Sports-related Injuries
- WorkCover, Veterans' Affairs (Needs GP referral), and TAC patients
- Enhanced Primary Care Program (Need GP referral)
Osteopathy By The Bay stock a range of products that may aid in patient care and recovery. These include Complete Sleeper Memory foam Pillows, Lupin Heat Packs, Foam Rollers, Spiky Massage balls, Support braces, Heel lifts, and any specialised items can be ordered upon request.